VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Ethiopian Day Volunteer
Event Date: Saturday, July 29th, 2023
LOCATION: South Lakeville High School, 21135 Jacquard Ave, Lakeville, MN 55044
REPORT TO: Yezhi Alem, Volunteer Coordinator
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-742-6236
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Ethiopian Community in Minnesota (ECM) was officially founded and incorporated in 1995. It was established after the recognition of the interdependence of all Ethiopians, and that through cooperative effort, individual Ethiopians and their organizations can experience and enhance their ability to make a difference in their own lives, the existence of their community and that of the state of Minnesota. ECM regularly attends community events in order to educate the public Ethiopian community. Ethiopian Event Day Volunteers assist on the day of the event and help with set-up, greeting attendees, answering questions, recruiting volunteers for various programs, crowd flow management and/or tearing down tables and tents.
- Set up tables and/or tents
- Greet attendees and answer questions
- Manage the flow of the crowd
- Volunteer recruitment
- Tear down tables and/or tents
- Security need
- Auction support
- Support Bingo Team – selling tickets and running game – one free ticket to Bingo volunteers – looking for 10 volunteers : Call Melkamu +1 (612) 517-6554.
Please note that specific tasks may change depending on the event.
2-6 HOURS DEPENDING ON EVENT AND NUMBER OF VOLUNTEERS WORKING THE EVENT
- The desire and motivation to support the community.
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- The ability to become knowledgeable of Ethiopian Community programs and educational opportunities.
- Ability to tolerate inclement weather including humidity, heat, rain, cold, lightning and noise.
Must be 16 years of age.
Prior experience is beneficial but not required.
On the job training will be provided.
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT
Special event day volunteers typically commit to a one-day event.
BENEFITS TO VOLUNTEER
- Satisfaction of knowing how important your role is in educating the public about the Ethiopian Community
- Meet people who share a common interest and goals.
- Students can use volunteer hours for graduation requirements.
- Great addition to resume!
- One Bingo ticket for bingo volunteers